Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Aggies Come Home!

Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy, Mrs. Darcy....

I am completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy!
Okay, so maybe that's a stretch, seeing as I don't have a love as true as Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth in my life... yet. I still have a waaaaaays to go before I"m ready for that:)
But I am happy! Truly! This week has been a fun one:)

home-com-ing  /'hom,kemiNG/
   noun:

  1. An instance of returning home.
  1. A high school, college, or university game, dance, or other event to which alumni are invited.


Orrr... my favorite definition from the most popular Urban Dictionary:


A week at the beginning of the year that a lot of the school population uses as an excuse to drink a lot of alcohol... a good time to make friends, and do things you ahd always wanted to, but never got the chance. May have consequences.


Haha consequences? Nahhhhh ;)


MONDAY: The chalk dance! 

My roommates and I were all kinds of exhausted Monday night. Allie and I had just gone on a 2 mile run up the killer hills around campus and classes had been a beast to get through. However, Allie, Lia, and I still really wanted to check out the chalk dance that was happening at the HPER field. 

We went straight over to the field - still in our running grubbies, and saw the field packed with our lovely Aggie classmates.

The DJ was set up and the lights were crazy. There was a HUGE mosh of students in the middle of the field. My roomies wanted to go up and get in the middle - so we pushed our way up there. With me being the tallest, I was always the one in front pushing everyone else out of our way. People seem to move out of my way whenever I want them too... It's because I'm tall and "intimidating" (I HATE being described by that word :/ ) Anyway, we got in the center - which was both fun, and deathly scary.

There are times when I am soooo stinking glad that I am tall, and this was one of them. If I would have been short, i'm sure I would have died right then and there in that crowd. We got pushed around like CRAZY! People were falling down, but no one really cared. We think we even saw a guy dragging a girl out of the crowd unconsciously. Scary! It got to a point where I started to get pretty chlosterphobic and I needed to get out. I made the mistake of wearing flip flops that night and both of my feet got stepped on. I lost both my flip flops in the crowd.

When we got out, I looked down and my black and blue feet with colored chalk all over them. Haha they hurt pretty bad.

The colored chalk got in our hair and eyes and most definitely in our lungs.
But although it was kind of painful and frightening, it was hecka fun! There's just something about jumping up and down, body to body, covered in color chalk with blasting music and bruised feet that IS, believe it or not, actually.. enjoyable. Crazy, right?!


FRIDAY: The Homecoming dance:)

Umm awesome!! Yes, it was another dance, but without the chalk and craziness. There was a great DJ inside with awesome lights and music, and then outside was the mechanical bull and a whole other party. Inside was the rock out sesh, where outside felt more like a stake dance. The best of both worlds <3
I met new friends, had a while bunch of laughs. Unforgettable!

True Aggie night!
Guess what....

I'm a True Aggie <3
Finally!

Hah!

Gotcha!

I'm saving these lips for someone special.
It was fun to watch the old couples get out there and make-out for a few seconds. How cute? :)
It didn't happen for me, but thank goodness! I'm not ready for that yet. School is much bigger priority in my life right now.

They made a huge deal out of True Aggie night though. It wasn't what I was expecting. Lights, banners, and music. Man, it was the real deal and I'm glad I could witness part of it.

Until I got too tired and went home to go to bed.


SATURDAY: The white-out Homecoming football game!

My favorite part of the day was when my mom, brother, sister and niece came up to take me to lunch.
It was great to see them. I love my family more than anything.

My second favorite part of the day? While we were walking all around downtown Logan, EVERYONE was dressed in our fighting white for the football game. I LOVE how much school spirit this little town has.

Everyone was so friendly and pumped for the game. I talked to probably 15 strangers that day in Wal-Mart!
Goooo AGGIES!!!

And then of course, we won the game! This was a total awesome way to end homecoming week!

The crowd was covered in white and when I looked at UNLV's super duper small red fan section, I just laughed.
Full of Aggie pride <3

Anyway, I'm rambling. I mostly just want to get up another post for ya'll to read.

But consequences? DUH there were consequences!

I forgot to mention I passed out that week and got pregnant!

Again, GOTCHA!

So my consequences might not have been being passed out and pregnant because I drank too much... But I sure didn't sleep a whole that week, didn't get a ton of studying in, and I do still have bruises on my feet.

I sure call those consequences.

But I don't care:) making memories Is also super important in college.

It's the freaking best time of our lives! Live it up! Get crazy! ....But not too crazy;)

Once an Aggie, ALWAYS an Aggie.
(theme for homecoming 2012)


So welcome home Aggies, welcome home.


No comments:

Post a Comment