Monday, September 3, 2012

Kill a fly when you get the chance...

So there I was... done eating breakfast (I had french toast btw) and typing on my laptop trying to stay updated with the world when a fly kept buzzing around my head. Driving me nuts!! 

I looked over at my plate and then noticed that the fly had gotten himself stuck in the left-over syrup that was pooling on the surface. Now, I hate insects, so I was excited for the opportunity to catch the little guy and kill him. Muahahah. This was going to be great because we all know that trying to kill a fly with a fly swatter... well it's really hard. At least for me. 

Here, the little guy had pretty much handed himself to me. After I killed him, I wouldn't have him flying around anymore distracting me from the important information that Facebook has to offer. 

Except that I was too lazy and "busy" on the computer to go and kill him right away. I figured he would be stuck there for a while and that I would go do it in a minute or two. 

After about 5 minutes, I looked over and saw him rubbing his nasty little insect hands together - trying to get un-stuck. And he did. He was soon up and flying again. 

Crap..... 

There went my chance. 

Now as weird as this story is... It taught me a valuable lesson. One that I have been reminded of over and over again... I just don't seem to get it apparently. 

Don't procrastinate and JUMP at the opportunity moment when it arrives. Time is a precious thing and it's not always on your side. One of my friends once told me... "You can always re-take a test, but you can never re-take a party." Now... sometimes you can't re-take a test.. but that's besides the point. It's college. Get the work done and then have fun! 

So I better get off Facebook, stop blogging and get started on that homework... Because there might be a sick party later and this time, I consider the lesson learned.

Bzzzz..... 

Now where is that fly swatter...? :/

No comments:

Post a Comment