Monday, December 10, 2012

Holy crazy!!

Big news...!! at least for me it seems huge.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I started my mission papers today!!

I met with my bishop yesterday and he gave me the go and set me up an account online. It might not seem like a huge step, but now it's feeling so much more official. So real!!

Ever since I made the decision, things have been so much more clear and so many more missionary opportunities have already come may way. I've talked about the gospel and have found ways to introduce it to people even sometimes without realizing it. It amazes me.

I wouldn't have have made the choice I did if it weren't for my friends' examples back home, my WONDERFUL roommates, and actually the ward up here in Logan. I haven't been a constant go-er to the ward up here because I would go home on weekends, or have to work on Sundays, but whenever I did go, EVERY lesson incorporated missionary work. There are more than half of the kids in my ward this semester that will be leaving next semester to go on missions. Every Sunday was a missionary topic. Freaking crazy!

And every time I think about how "girls aren't commanded to go". It's true... we aren't. But this is a whole new generation. A whole new time. And i'm so excited to be a part of this amazing work. Satan just sure had hold of me for quite some time.

I'll turn in my papers around february/march and hopefully will be leaving by July. 
So there we are. The decision has been made. :):):):)
It'll be a sacrifice.  But the blessings and experiences will be sooooo worth it. I can already tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment